Monday, August 15, 2011

Bridal Shower Gifts








On Saturday I attended a bridal shower for my niece Kristi.  She's tying the knot next month, and I've never been more excited about attending a wedding!  Part of the reason for my enthusiasm is that Kristi is special to me, but I must admit, that most of my excitement stems from the wedding location.  Kristi and her fiance are getting married on the beach in Delaware.  And I love going to the beach!

But first things first.  Before the wedding is the bridal shower. 

And before the bridal shower is the agonizing decision about what gift to take. 

This decision is made even more difficult when both the bride and groom own their own fully stocked homes.  It's not as if they need another toaster. 

Fortunately for me, bridal shower gift-giving has changed over the years.  It is now considered perfectly respectable to give the bride a personal gift at her shower.  Personal gifts are my specialty. 



Kristi, opening the gifts I made for her


Wristlet



This is a wristlet that I made for Kristi.  These handy purses are perfect for shopping because they are big enough to hold the necessities, but small enough to hang from the wrist without getting in the way.  The wristlet has a zippered pocket on the back and a magnetic closure on the flap.





Nook Color Cover

This is one of my favorite Nook covers ever!  I love this blue floral print.  I added an extra layer of thin batting to this cover for Kristi's Nook Color. 

This Nook cover has that great large pocket on the inside where the Nook can be stored for carrying in a purse.  The large pocket protects the screen from scratches. 


Open Nook Cover (with my Nook template)

My cardboard Nook in large pocket


It was quite nice to take gifts that I knew Kristi would use and enjoy.  Sure beats opening up a toaster!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Elaine!!!

I love both the wristlet and the nook cover. I am really looking forward to using both on my honeymoon as well as the wristlet on my wedding day for my emergency supplies. And your right sure does beat a toaster.
Love you!
Kristi

Elaine said...

I'm so glad you like the gifts, Kristi! Can't wait to see you again on the wedding day!

Gwen said...

Elaine, what a wonderful gift. It is especially great that you where able to use your God given talent to make your gift!!