Saturday, July 9, 2011

This new pattern of mine ....





















I started the sewing last night, and I could tell from the get go that this tote was going to be huge! I chose a fall print that had been given to me by a friend. I like to try out new patterns using fabric that was not terribly expensive. Trust me, I learned that lesson the hard way!





The sewing was not difficult, and as with the other Palm Harbor patterns that I have used, the instructions were clear and easy to follow though they do not include illustrations.





When I finished the tote this morning, I was amazed by the roominess in this bag! It is ginormous! I think that I will make this pattern again, in fact, I plan to use it soon for a diaper bag. I will, however, make some changes to the pattern. For one thing, I do not like the handles on this particular tote. They required a lot of fabric, and I do not like the look nor the feel of them. Next time I will make standard straight cut handles for this bag.





Let me know what you think of this one. Big is beautiful? Or not?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

It is completely lovely. It will be great for a diaper bag. Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work.